Proto-mathematician, computer scientist, cyclist at heart. I love discovering through the learning process.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +12085771368
- Website: https://blakedietz.me
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/blake-dietz-08229a61/
Integrations engineer: Instinct
2020/10/05 - Present
Instinct is a new software system focused on emergency/specialty centers. We already power many of the world's most advanced care centers including teaching hospitals, private specialty centers, and leading ER hospitals. Instinct includes digital whiteboards and treatment sheets, patient safety warnings, built in Plumb's, live invoice auditing, and much more!
Full stack software engineer: Vetspire
2019/12/09 - 20120/09/03
Vetspire is an artificial intelligence driven veterinary medical records and practice management platform. The company is a startup re-imagining the way that veterinarians use technology, impacting every aspect of patient care from AI assistance in the exam room to managing client communications and clinical analytics.
From day to day I communicate with project managers and engineers at Petco to gather requirements, understand customer problems and plan bodies of work. Features that are built based upon Petco's request are implemented with all Vetspire customers in mind.
Senior software engineer: Intuit
2019/03/01 - 2019/12/09
Team: Developer experience
I was responsible for creating a seamless development experience for a team of 90+ engineers with a primary focus on the backend. Challenges included transitioning the full team of developers from SVN to git, creating continuous delivery, integration and deployment pipelines in Kubernetes while also streamlining all aspects of the development process.
2018/01/11 - 2019/03/01
Adopted and advocated for React as the frontend technology of choice for all frontend feature development at TSheets. Projects and responsibilities included the following:
- Acted as a consultant for feature development in React and Redux to encourage best practices.
- Communicated with both designers and developers to build a shared design system and library so developers could focus on feature development.
- Reduced boilerplate and encouraged best practices by creating generators for frontend features.
- Created a single step setup process for developers to register their new projects with the CI/CD pipeline.
- Empowered developers to create npm packages by creating a streamlined workflow for repositories to be automatically and semantically versioned and published based upon commit format.
- Ran multiple new hire trainings for React and Redux development practices.
Senior software engineer: TSheets
2017/10/30 - 2018/01/10
Acquired by Intuit while in this position. See above.
2016/10/31 - 2017/10/30
While on the scheduling team I identified the need to develop more quickly with fewer mistakes. Our frontend codebase was extremely susceptible to the CACE principle and I felt React's emphasis on declarative ui and simple state flow helped to address some of the problems that caused the CACE issue. I wrote the first feature in React and helped grow the learnings that I took from integrating React into the product into a plan for the rest of the organization to use.
- Implemented the first feature in React at TSheets.
- Extended the scheduling application to support more rich notification support.
- Fixed complex performance and printing bugs with legacy browsers.
Volunteer software engineer: Treefort music festival
I volunteered for a local music festival for a few years. This helped to scratch my itch to learn about deploying to AWS while also deploying a cross platform mobile application and getting a sneak peak at the artist lineups.
2017/08 - 2017/10
Continued to maintain and tune the backend API. Successfully served over one million requests throughout the duration of the festival.
2016/10 - 2017/03
Built, maintained and deployed a backend api to AWS Lambda, DynamoDB and API Gateway. Helped to maintain the mobile application from the previous year.
2015/08 - 2016/05
Lead frontend development for the application rewrite.
Software engineer: WhiteCloud Analytics
At WhiteCloud I grew from intern to a competent engineer with a penchant for frontend development.
2014/06 - 2016/10
Built the first Single page application at WhiteCloud in Angular.js.
- Became the subject matter expert for Angular.js.
- Established best practices for the frontend through training.
2013/04 - 2014/06
Focused on creating a customized charting solution in D3.js to power specialized data visualizations for physicians to better understand healthcare data.